Tuesday 4 September 2012

Supreme Burger Meal

Supreme Burger Meal

3.49Gbp

3.5/5

Yup, hash brown as-well
Something greasy was what I was after and something greasy was what I found. The above value meal came from a knock off KFC not to far from the Elephant & Castle tube stop. I went there thinking the market might be on and maybe get some more knock off products (namely an Iphone case) no such luck.

Had had a pretty decent day, the weather was pretty good at Mr Lanham had told me that the Notting Hill Carnival was going down, so figured what better a day to zip in to London.

Upon getting there I had to use my cunning to work out a way to get to Notting Hill, as the nearest tube stop was closed. I managed to make it but didn't really know where I was going. Unfortunately I didn't see Hugh Laurie either. In fact in my time over here my star spotting has been a write-off, I mean, I was never good, but all I've come up with is a guy, who looked like a guy on TV in Liverpool (so said my great Aunt) on the train and today managed to see a  slightly crazylooking lady being pushed  in a wheel chair who had a striking resemblance to Susan Boyle, possibly it was her and celebrating the paralympics?

BACK TO THE STORY of the carnival. I followed some crowds there and the party was pretty good. It was kinda like a street party over the whole suburb, which was very cool, with live music and drinking on the street. The drinking part inspired me to go to a dairy to get a couple of beers, I didn't have to walk far but getting back turned out a bit loltastic.

Having opened my first beer, and drinking thirstily, I turned out of the street and figured I was walking in the right direction to get back to the Carnival,. Unfortunately I had more than opened my second beer when I realised I was well off course, by the time I was on my third I was walking through a somewhat crowded Westfield mall drinking, with another can in my hand. I felt a little out of place. There's a point I must have crossed when drinking in the street on a Sunday afternoon began to feel a wee bit inappropriate. Probably as soon as I left Notting Hill... On the upside, it's not really that out of place here; a guy drinking on the street, as booze is fairly available, so no one was looking side ways or nuttin'...

Bauhaus
ANYWAY, after stocking up with another couple of beers from the Supermarket in the mall, I set my compass and made it back to the Carnival which was pretty good times. There must have been about a billion people and everyone was having a bit of a groove to the steel bands in the rare London sun. Think I had bought a couple of the fairly  average "Red Stripe" beers, it says it Jamaican, but is brewed by Diago I think, who brew Fosters, and it tastes just as good as the Australian Classic...

Wrong side of town for a riot ,officers... Brixton's on the other side of the Thames,

BRIEFLY, before marrying up this nonsense with the food in question, I wish to explain my initial surprise at how big Fosters is here, It's like one of the most popular beers here. A quick bit of research tells that Fosters isn't big in its Australian home no more, as it really doensn't have a place in their market (VBs working class and Heinken is for the office clerks spose toothy's is in the middle?) but over here it's branded as fairly working class and it's sponsorship in prominent at major sporting events. Either way though, it tastes pretty blah.

At the end of the day I was hungry for something unhealthy and feeling a wee bit guilty for not doing my errands I had missed on account of drinking, and knock off Dirty Bird was the winner. The meal wasn't too bad, I think the real K-Fry does it better, but this was cheep, if you excuse the pun, and filled the space desired.




No comments:

Post a Comment