Monday 15 October 2012

Chicken Burger and Chips

Chicken Burger and Chips

3gbp
1.5/5

Hrmm, sometimes they're ok...
Again I seem to find myself eating rubbish deep fries from from a Chicken Cottage clone (a KFC clone in itself). I decided on this condensed reconstituted chicken burger after my favourite, if not rather divey Italian restaurant was full up. I Picked the burger up from Elephant & Castle, the classy side of London, but not really...

things are getting cold at th' Row

On the subject of nice areas of London the other day I decided to lunch in Green Park (a carbon copy of Hagley park in Smashcity, just with more squirrels). Although the location near the palace was nice, there was no fast food in sight. I couldn't help but wonder what the Queen ate after a night on the champagnes (or Pimms or whatever the Queen drinks), with no deep fries around, does she give Harry a call to make a run out to Brixton?


Hotel party! with the cousins

The flat hunt here is beginning to become somewhat painful, the 4ish hours of commuting a day are really a bit painful and trying to make it home on Fridays nights can prove problematic. Friday gone was Oktoberfest and the work credit card was out at the German bar. After drinking a few steins of beer and stumbling out of the bar in a mystery part of the city, getting home was looking pretty sketchy. The wheels really started to fall of somewhere between hoping into a random bus (where someone dropped a spanking Iphone 5), the rain coming down and the phone batteries running out. Safe to say that I had we'll missed the train when I got to the closed station and spent the early morning talking to a terse old lady who after offering limited conversation asked me to carry her groceries... After various short naps on the 2 trains and the 2 buses back I made it to bed; about 9 hours after beginning the journey. To make things worse I had some flats to check out, so after 2 hours sleep the 2x2 (usually it's a one bus and train but they were repairing the tracks somewhere) rain bus thing had to be done again, then repeated to get back... So after commuting for 10ish hours in one day I got back and settled into a glass of home-brand vermouth.

Sunday dawned with England's lack of bakeries haunting my thoughts. How can there be so few bakeries here? The few that are around are all chains and no one sells bacon and egg pies?! It's really a tragedy...
Beer Fest/Barn dance actually had some really decent beers
Yesterday I decided to have a look at the gig guide to see what bands were in town as I've got the unfortunate job of house sitting in a lovely apartment in central London for a couple of weeks. The standard of the bands was great, to the point that in the first weekend of November Gods Peed! You black Emperor (or wherever they're putting the exclamation mark these days) two shows clashed with both Animal Collective and Spirtialized. But I suppose that's gloating and no one wants to read that...

Believe it or not, I do eat some good food and my diet hasn't fallen to Auckland standards of contestant takeaways, or that year in Smashcity where I had fish'n'chips at least every second day yet...

Oh and by the time this goes to press ('casue I wrote it and forgot to post it), I have would have signed the lease of a decent sized flat (it has a back yard, dining room and conservatory thing!) near the Arnos Grove tube station (New Southgate?), anyway, it's only 2 mins walk to the station and 40mins tubing to everywhere you would want to go,

No comments:

Post a Comment